Wednesday 12 July 2017

Pro-Am Showdown #9 - City Zoo

This year, my self-imposed challenge is Pro-Am Showdown, where I take on a commercially produced card I've received (the Pro) and see if I can beat the professionals at their own game with my amateur card.

This is the card I am using as inspiration:
the commerically produced card
This was a card sent to my son, and judging by how long I've kept it, I must really love this card - the senders kindly dated it - 2009 - my son's 2nd birthday!

For my card, I used five animal stamps from My Favorite Things Sweet Safari, masked, coloured with Promarkers and with a Distress Ink background. I think the sentiment is Hero Arts. The zoo sign is a Silhouette cutting file.

I'd like to enter:
Through the Purple Haze  spots and stripes (spots - giraffe, stripes - zebra)
Crazy Challenge  animals
Use Your Stuff all creatures great and small
A Gem of A Challenge  animals

Featured button

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Your card is so cute!! Love it!

chrissie said...

Your card is better than the original though not as special to you if you kept the other one for so long. I am loving seeing how you use a card inspiration to make one of your own style

Love Chrissie xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like both, but I do think your card wins! So cute!

Mac Mable said...

Yey....you've one this one. Contemporary and fun and such a fabulous take on the original x

Pia S said...

I really like your concept of caseing these commercially made cards. There are beautiful ones out there, but so far, each time, I'd pick yours. You must have put quite some work into this one with all that masking, and I love the result!

Ros Crawford said...

You rocked it!! This is amazing!