Sunday 30 July 2017

Pro-Am Showdown # 10 - Bicycle Ride

This year, my self-imposed challenge is Pro-Am Showdown, where I take on a commercially produced card I've received (the Pro) and see if I can beat the professionals at their own game with my amateur card.

This is the card I am using as inspiration:

This is another card that was actually sent to my son. I liked the fun, cute character on the bike, the liveliness and the colours. 

So on my card you can see the lesser-known ginger bear on a bike- the stamp is Waffle Flower. I masked it and used a Tim Holtz stencil . The sentiment is also by Waffle Flower. 

I'd like to enter:
As you See It  when I lose my mojo I take inspiration from commercially produced cards. 
Just Us Girls  something new - first time I've use bear stamp, something old - the card I used as inspiration.
Brown Sugar anything goes 

11 comments:

chrissie said...

Your card this time is definitely better than the one you bought. I love the background on yours

Chrissie xx

Sarah said...

What Nice! Well done!

Mac Mable said...

Loving your card Marina and the white background makes the wonderful stamping and stencillin pop so much better than the original x

Heather Cooper said...

I never thought of using a commercial card as inspiration, but you really did beat it at its own game! That bear image on the bike is a great one and I like the way you masked it to include the stenciled background! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge!

Jan Clothier said...

Your stencilled background is fabulous. I like the way you've used the colours of the original but improved the card as a whole. Great idea for inspiration - I've never thought of using a commercial card for inspiration. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

Liz said...

I much prefer your card, Marina! The adorable bear looks great on the beautifully stencilled background. xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is brilliant! You are definitely giving the professionals a run for their money!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Another well done Pro-Am challenge! I like both cards very much. I had thought yours had patterned paper, but it is fun that you masked and stenciled it to match the inspiration card!

LeAnne said...

Oh so cute...you used that inspiration card perfectly! Thanks for sharing it with AYSI!

Tammy L said...

This is such a great idea. Your card is fabulous and I love the image! Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar challenges. Tammy DT

Pia S said...

They're too cute, both of them! You capture the cuteness, cheerfulness and great colors on your card!