Sunday 23 July 2017

Go Surfin'


Okay, it's got the 'white stuff' but has it got enough white space? Oooh it's my cas dilemna all over again! I made this card for a few challenges , one of which is a cas challenge, so I hope it is appropriate.

The sea, sand and surf board were cut on the Silhouette . I coloured them with ink and stencilled and embossed spots onto the surfboard. The sunbeams were made with a stencil and embossing powder. I cut the sentiment on the Silhouette and coloured it with ink - it was actually the same colour ink as the sea , so I don't know why it looks a different colour!

I'd like to enter:
Less is More  no stamps (nearly failed at the last moment and stamped a sentiment...but managed to realise in time!)
Curtain Call surf's up
Time Out sunbeams
Come and Get it  summertime

12 comments:

Neets B said...

Ooh, a bit borderline with the white space, Marina, but I think those wide rays just about qualify ;) And how hard is it not to use a stamp, I found it a tough challenge this week! You've created a great little scene, really eyecatching.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Mac Mable said...

Fun and vibrant card. Love how you always put the elements together. I always push the boundaries of CAS so I better not offer my opinion....Love this CAS card xx

chrissie said...

Looks great to me but I an not good at CAS cards at all

Love Chrissie xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Great card Marina ! I also love to make a card inspired by several challenges! To make it even more CAS I would not have stencilled the sunbeams. It is so hard to know when to stop ! Anyway it's a beautiful design and I love your theme! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so fun! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Liz said...

Great design, I love the stencilled sunbeam background. xx

Darnell said...

This is the sunniest surfing card I've seen, Marina! I really like it!! Hugs, Darnell

Nonni said...

I know what you mean: I also struggle sometimes with the white space and how much to leave it... Then I often end up making "super CAS" cards just to be on the safe side! :) I love the colors and the happy summer feel of this card. The sun rays look fab and I love all the curves in this card! Thanks for joining Time Out and Less Is More!

Dana Johnson said...

I love this design! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Trina P. said...

Fun summer card. Great colours and layout. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina

Pia S said...

I've made a few cards where I think the stenciling is what made me doubt about it being CAS enough or not. Such a small and quick thing, but it also has lot of impact. I think this cool design needs those sunrays though, so whatever the answer I think you were right to add them:)

Ros Crawford said...

I think it's perfect and without those rays it wouldn't have the same impact! Terrific card!