Saturday 15 July 2017

Birthday for Christmas

I knew I would enter the challenge at Just Add Ink as soon as I saw it. The challenge is to use birthday stamps and make a Christmas card. After a quick shuffle through some stamp sets  I realised that the perfect set had just popped through my letterbox - this brand new Pure Innocence stamp from My Favorite Things.

To make it look Christmassy, I stamped and masked the little holly stamp (a magazine freebie) and stamped the girl over the top, so the holly sat on top of the cake. I went for traditional Christmas red and green, added a strip of patterned paper , a Hero Arts sentiment, glitter pen on the dress and some red gems.

As well as Just Add Ink, I'd like to enter :
ABC Christmas Challenge  new (the stamp)
Aud Sentiments  Christmas
Casual Fridays  Christmas




Thanks for the Honourable Mention at Just Add Ink . 

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fun and clever idea to add the holly and great masking on this super cute card x

chrissie said...

Such a clever idea for your card and a great challenge idea

Love Chrissie xx

Claire said...

Great idea and well executed, I wouldn't have guessed that the cake didn't come with holly leaves, cute little card x

Kelly Kent said...

Oh so clever Marina! Love the addition of the holly to make your gorgeous girl Christmassy! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink for a challenge with a twist! Kelly x

Pia S said...

I love to use my stamps this way, Christmas ones for non Christmas cards and vice versa. The holly detail is the icing on the cake!

Ros Crawford said...

Clever!! And so cute!

Michelle W said...

Cute card and I love the added touch of the holly! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Nikki Spencer said...

She is too sweet Marina! Love the addition of the holly, it's the perfect Christmas detail. Lovely take on the Just Add Ink twist challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

KimB said...

What a clever adaptation of the stamp Marina especially with Christmas cakes and puddings being such an important part of the Christmas season. She looks lovely coloured in Christmas colours too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love the MFT PI image. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Paper Play Sketches