Sunday 4 September 2016

Falalalala - Conquering Paper Mountain #12

Between Brusho backgrounds and 'lots of white space' , I've not been doing so well lately with reducing my paper mountain.  So here, I am trying to use up a Christmas paper pad by matting onto patterned paper and using it to paper-piece.

I know it's hard to see but I used the sketch at 52 CCT  in deciding how to stamp my carolling characters.  I think the bear is proudly singing loud and clear at the front, unaware he is drowning out his smaller companions! They are from a set by Avery Elle. The music stamp behind them is a very old one from Toybox. I sprayed the panel with green mist.

The sentiment (if you can call falalalala a sentiment!) was designed and cut on the Silhouette electronic die-cutter.

As well as 52CCT , I'd like to enter:
The Male Room music
Jingle Belles music
Crafting with Dragonflies  music



12 comments:

chrissie said...

Everything on the card goes so well together Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Pia S said...

I do recognize the sketch. And there are loads of papers on here. I'm doing quite well in reducing my own paper mountain, I'n not cutting into any new papers, only using leftovers, but I too have periods now where no DPs get used. Still love them though, and this card is a perfect example of why...

SmilynStef said...

Love love love that sweet little holiday trio ... so very glad you got musical with us at jingle belles.

Jane said...

Super use of that patterned paper - haven't we all got far too much lurking on our shelves! Love the carol singers and brilliant idea to paper piece. Thanks for playing at the Male room.

lauren bergold said...

oh that's fun, what a great take on our musical theme! thanks for singing along with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Paper Lily Leaf said...

I think it's a great take on the sketch! I love those carolling cuties! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is such a wonderful card, I love your carollers they make me smile and the Falala is perfect for it. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.
Faith DT

Fabiola said...

C'est une adorable carte Marina, ce joli cœur est adorable, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Deborah Frings said...

I can see the sketch! I really like your take - such a fun Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT. And with my other hat - thanks for joining us at The Male Room too!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hope to see you again next time.

Susan Hogan said...

Such fun and yes, he is drowning them out but it doesn't matter 'cause they are all enjoying themselves! Thanks for sharing this joyous card with us for Crafting with Dragonflies.

Helen said...

Great card - love that image!

Thanks for joining us at Crafting With Dragonflies.

Helen x
(DT)