Monday 28 March 2016

Paper-Piecing on Kraft (Conquering Paper Mountain # 8)


He,he ....my partner has taken our son out, so I'm having a few hours crafting ....May even get dressed at some point.

Here, I used a very old Stamps Happen stamp and two techniques - my all-time favourite, paper piecing, and a new to me technique, pencils on kraft card.  I don't think these are the 'proper' pencils as these are just watercolour ones (used without water here!) , but I think it turned out okay.

I also used several sheets from a magazine freebie 6x6 pad by Bo Bunny, therefore helping to reduce my paper mountain. 

I'd like to enter:
52CCT paper piecing
Holly Jolly use your stash
Jingle Belles santa baby
Christmas Card Challenges Christmas card


13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it looks fabulous!! Love your choice of papers!

Pia S said...

I think I recognize some of those papers from my own stash. I think you've made great choices of papers, I really like this clean but decorative look. And extra points for it being non lumpy, so this would be suitable to mail too.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

This is fantastic! I love the trim on Santa's hat and coat - so effective! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

chrissie said...

Terrific card with a great Santa image

Love Chrissie xx

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous paper piecing ... love that Santa ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

now that is one AWESOME santa; love that great kraft background, it's so perfect for this! thanks for joining our north pole fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Kajcyika said...

This is so lovely. Love it :)
Thanks for sharing it at 52CCT :)

Judy McKay said...

Love the style of the image. Very lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Patricia Hays said...

The color scheme and paper piecing give off a great "country" or "homespun" vibe! Thanks for sharing your cute roly-poly Santa card with us at 52CCT!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card. Great vintage/country/folky feel to it. Thanks for joining our challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.
Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

laurie said...

Such a cute Santa!I love the techniques you used, so creative. Thanks for sharing at the Christmas Card Challenge!

Celeste Goff said...

Love, love, love this wonderful card! Your paper pieced Santa is just amazing!

Andreja said...

WoW, what a fantastic card you made and your technique paper piecing is so good :-)) Congrats!
Hugs, Andreja