Sunday 28 June 2015

Wish you were here



I made this card using two sheets from a Papermania 6x6 paper pack called All Aboard. I cut a square from the lined paper (the 'stain' and black plane were printed on it ) and stamped the earth on it . (It's an old wooden stamp - Rubber Stampede?) .  I stamped the paper plane (Lawn Fawn) and trail (Clearly Besotted) , and paper-pieced the plane using other parts of the same lined paper, including the word 'travel', that I popped up on foam for dimension. The ticket/sentiment was cut from the second sheet. I mounted it on red, then cream.

Edited to add - While linking this up it occured to me that I may have been subconsciously influenced by Ros Crawford's  card which I admired earlier in the week! I didn't realise it while I was making it. Although there are some similarities, hopefully it's different enough so she won't sue me!

I'd like to enter:
The Male Room  up in the air
Shopping Our Stash  for the boys
Simply Create Too old, vintage, shabby

5 comments:

sandie said...

I think you went a little bit grunge here, I see splatter! By the way, emails not coming to me regarding your posts but it is not just from you, think my gmail is playing up x

chrissie said...

Wonderful card Marina with great images.

Love Chrissie xx

Bananastamper said...

This is so fun! I did look at Ros' card and while I do see some similarities, yours is definitely unique. Love the globe and the paper airplane is a nice touch.
Shanna :)

Deborah Frings said...

I think your card is just super. Love the paper plane (I remember making them at school). Love the lined paper and the grungy look too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Brilliant card, thank you for playing with Simply Create Too.

Love and hugs
Maarit