Saturday 27 December 2014

Old Pink for a New Year


See the sparkle!!
A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a prize of vintage images from Lunagirl , and when I saw their challenge of 'Winter in Pink' I thought it would be nice to use one to enter.  But I am over Christmas!! So this card is a New Year card. I think the image was originally from a french New Year card because it has a NY greeting in the corner.

Can you spot the continuity error in the photo? She is wearing short-sleeves in the snow! I will be heading into the snowy north myself later on today, (we have such a mild climate in England that snow is a big deal!) , and I will not be taking any short-sleeved dresses!

I used the old masking tricks  to make a moon and snowy hills and doused them in fine, clear glitter.
The text and sentiment stamps are by Sarah Hurley.

As well as Lunagirl's challenge , I'd also like to enter:
Brown Sugar  happy new year
Scrapping for Fun winter
Eureka Stamps  glitter

9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Lovely vintage image! Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge~

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Stunning Vintage winter card
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

karalschuknecht said...

Great vintage card, love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us this week for our Add Some Glitter Challenge at Eureka Stamps and I hope you had a Merry Christmas.
Karal DT

Karen Lunagirl said...

So gorgeous! I love the sparkle and the full moon and the little pink pearls, and the soft vintage pink color palette you used. Just so lovely for my Winter in Pink challenge! And isn't your sentiment perfect for the New Year? Thanks for being part of my challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Michele said...

charming vintage loveliness! thank you for playing along with the winter in pink challenge at lunagirl moonbeams! xo from michele on the lunagirl moonbeams DT

Pia S said...

This is gorgeous, Marina! This card looks lovely in pink and I love the glittery hill and moon.

Shauna said...

Wow... I LOVE this card! The vintage look is flawless and the pink is perfect here. I love the glitter, I love the pearls, I love the image, and the fantastic script paper. Seriously, a stand out card.
- Shauna