Friday 5 April 2013

Reading Record

My six-year-old son loves to be read to, but hates reading.Honestly, the tantrums we get when we try to get him to read! I'm always trying to find ways to motivate him and this is my latest scheme. The idea is to get him to record everything he reads over the current holiday and fill in the spaces.

As soon as I saw this new digi from Jellypark, I had to have it. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket 'Jack's World' (I've used this range so much, it's mostly scraps left.)

Inside

Back



So, wish me luck that the reading record encourages my son to read!

I'd like to enter this for:
Craft-room Challenge In the library
Jellypark Challenges It's about a book

8 comments:

Pia S said...

I think it's a great idea to try and motivate your son to read more himself. I like your style of paper piecing, and it's such a sweet image for a boy. Nicely done!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you did with our new digi stamp! Beautiful crafting and such a good idea to help encourage your son to read :)

Zoechaos said...

Well good luck, as soon as i started reading your post my friend's son popped into my head. He simply could not see the point of reading and said as much went on for years. He is now a well educated man of nearly 40 & he is very good at reading now! His mother is enjoying the fact that his son is now proving to be a handful.

Love your approach and hope it works for you, he will get there. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

inkydoodlecrafts said...

A perfect way to use that fabulous image. It looks fantastic and I'm sure it will work a treat and your son will become just as engrossed in books as the little fella in the image. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at jellypark friends for our "about a book" challenge. Mel :o)

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh best of luck, it's not easy sometimes! Your card is adorable, thanks for joining us at Jellypark. :)

Debi said...

what a brilliant idea!!! and I love the image, and how you've created this reading book for your son, i hope it inspires him :-) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Wonderful idea...it no doubt will inspire your son to read. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room. Suzanne xx!

hazel said...

This is brilliant and a great idea to get your son to read. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
xx Hazel.