Sunday 10 February 2013

For my Valentine's 'Baby'


My daughter's birthday is Valentine's Day.

She told me that her favourite card that I ever made her was one I made with a WS Designs screen card template. That card was in white and green, so this time I cut the screen from red card and die-cut heart apertures.

I was inspired by the 'Asian'  challenge at Artful Times and decided to give it an Oriental theme.

I used an Oriental woman image from Debbi Moore (although I don't feel these women look very Oriental - more like Europeans with kohl and kimonos - very pretty though).  Also on the view above, I used Papermania Oriental stickers, Debbi Moore cherry blossom stamp, Marianne die bird on branch and Sizzix architectural corner.


In this view you can see Oyster Stamps Chinese (?) script stamp, Cheery Lynne Fancil Flourish die and PSX bamboo stamp.  The back panel will be for my message.
This is what it looks like folded up.


As well as Artful Times, I'd like to enter this for:
Come and Get it Challenges  Show us your Heart
Fab n Funky Challenges Hearts
Simply Create Too  Valentines or Hearts 

10 comments:

Marjo said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too

Hugz Marjo

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful card. The paper is fabulous and I love the design. Thanks for playing this week at Come and Get It.
Karal GDT

Neet said...

I am sure your daughter will be overjoyed when she receives this card. Or should I say work of art.
A beautiful entry for our latest challenge at Artful Times - thanks Marina.
Hugs, Neet xx

Heathers Inspiration said...

This is Great, love your card design x

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty card I like your design, the folds and layering. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week.

Von said...

A super shaped card and beautifully stamped :)
Thank you for sharinf with us at Artful Times
Von ♥

Rach83 said...

This is so striking and what a fab Oriental feel. Love the gold birds and flowers. I have the same CD-ROM and that image always reminds me of Cheryl Cole!

Thanks for linking up with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you can join us again soon.

Rachel x

Sylvia said...

A fabulous card, love all the detail. Happy birthday to your daughter from another Valentine's birthday girl.

Sylv xx

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful card! Great design!

Sandra's Spot said...

Totally gorgeous card, I bet your daughter was thrilled with it. Hugs Sandra X