Saturday 13 October 2012

Cardi Weather


This is my second card for the design team call for Inkspirational. Looking at the card now, next to the colour inspiration picture, I'm not sure that the match is that great!  ...Especially the blue, although the colour of Promarker I used was 'sky blue'.

Never mind; the idea of the challenge is 'inspiration' and the colour palette made me think of the turn between summer and autumn - when the weather's still quite mild but you need a nice cardigan. This digi stamp from Jellypark seemed to capture that time, and I added a rubber stamped squirrel and bird (October Afternoon).  Do you notice the paper-piecing on her dress? Paper-piecing is my favourite technique and I can't help but use it on any item of clothing!!

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Marina this is absolutely fabulous! LOVE that paper piecing! Gorgeous use of these colors and I LOVE your darling image! Thank you SO MUCH for joining in my DT call--can't wait to see your last two projects! :)